Friday 30 September 2011

Chocolate Whoopie Pies





It was some fellow baker friends of mine that introduced me to the Whoopie Pie , at first the only thing that came to mind when asked if i had heard about whoopie pies , was the good old fashioned practical joke the  whoopie cushion. However after attempting my first batch yesterday with great success I realised these indulgent little things are far from the practical joke. I made them using an American recipe , therefore wasn't expecting much as I have had trouble with recipes from the USA in the past. However after having my first ever whoopie pie , I am now officially a Whoopie Pie fan . Whoopie Pies are a mixture between cakes and cookies , sandwiched together with your favourite icing . For mine I used a simple buttercream .

No comments:

Post a Comment